Out of the Frying Pan and into the Fire
“Too Low” Talo is the Sullustan second-in-command of Yiyar Salvage’s Wheel cargo bay. Publicly, he was hired to help expand Yiyar’s operations at the station and smooth over relations with customers. He secretly disrupts their competitors’ operations, from orchestrating minor diversions to bribing officials to hinder them to sabotaging them outright. After the kidnapping attempt at the Wheel, Talo is sent to lead a revenge attack against IsoTech at Scrapheap Point.
Talo is heavily scarred about the head and hands, having suffered injuries in numerous illegal operations and a fair number of fights with Imperials and lowlifes alike. He is loud and overbearing, surprising many larger species with his quick temper and toughness. Rumor has it he’s stared down Wookiees and won arguments with Hutts out of sheer tenacity. Talo’s nickname comes from an unfortunate accident in which he overestimated a speeder truck’s total capacity during a fast getaway. He plowed a load of illicit goods into a canyon rim instead of into the open cargo bay of the waiting smuggler’s ship parked above it.
After the events on Raxus Prime and the run in with the crew of the Boonta Eve Talo the crew eventually heard word of Talo while on the metropolis planet of Denon when Lurek was speaking with Jaromir’s contact Castor Daggoth. Castor was in debt to Talo for a sum of at least 40k credits, and had had his ship impounded by Talo as collateral for these debts. On the planet of Denon Talo deals in arms, moving his product through the sewers with a growing crew of transdoshans, rodians, and numerous other species. Castor reveals his base is somewhere under the nearby library.
Observations Made by Players:
- Too tall to be a Jawa
- Tough fighter
- Yav Yiyar was his employer until his demise, he attempted to avenge his boss on Raxus Prime
- Owner of a large portion of Castor Daggoth’s debt, and has impounded Castor’s ship as collateral
- The party’s only known encounter with Talo was on Raxus Prime when he attempted to disable the Boonta Eve, where he was stopped by Valik and Jaromir. Talo was last seen alive on Raxus Prime.
- Set up shop on Denon as an arms trafficker.
- Talo agrees to bring the crew to Ryloth for 20,000 credits and to keep Castor’s ship as additional payment. Agrees to hold Castor hostage for a while to protect the Boonta Eve while it’s stored on Denon. However, if they back out on their deal now, Castor’s debt is 70,000 credits instead of 60,000.